Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.

Go down 
+4
pulse1
jp
Mark Hamilton
Wazza
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Empty
PostSubject: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

I hear roumours of storms later in the week? Going to check this out.

Report issued by NetWeather.tv

"For many of us it's another glorious start to the day today, as the spell of settled weather continues, but it's not the same for everyone with some showery rain and extra cloud moving into Northwest Britain from time to time over the coming days.

Today, showers should be few and far between and only affecting parts of Scotland and Ireland, there will be some thicker cloud drifting in though, this even affecting northwest England at times and as a result the temperatures here may be a little down on what we've seen in recent days. Elsewhere though, expect some long sunny spells and temperatures reaching the low to mid twenties again.

Into tomorrow it's a very similar story for much of England and Wales but there will be some extra showers running into Scotland and Ireland, with the odd one perhaps also moving down into Northern England.

Looking ahead to the remainder of the week, the pattern persists - so those heading off to Wimbledon should make sure they take some sunscreen!

If you're wonder when the end to the settled, warm spell may arrive - well it could well be during the weekend and there's a threat that when the breakdown comes it may be with a bang.. "
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Just had a quick peek, the weekend, latter part of would be more favourable for anything as the winds then swing round to a S/SW direction, bringing in that moisture. Temps are set to rise, precip is forecast over the weekend. Very early as yet but the set-ups are becoming better with winds/temps & moisture.

Numbers are not looking overly brilliant at the moment, but CAPE and LI are around 800 and -2 for Sunday PM, over the Midlands northwards. These images below are to show the High being pushed East and a Low in the Atlantic swinging in a cold front for the weekend. Still early but we will see if any changes do come as the week progresses.

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. SurfacePressure

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Winds26th
Back to top Go down
Mark Hamilton

Mark Hamilton

Hi-Five : 3

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:30 am

its been a totally gloreous day here in cambridgeshire...highs of 26!

trying to get on here as much as i can but the laptop has had a fit again and is playing up and still no replacement...

i see the next couple of weeks are supposed to be nice aswell...and possible storms to the end of the week?
Back to top Go down
http://www.markhamilton.co.uk
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:27 am

just had a quick skoot over the GFS for sat/sun and OMG!! 2000+ CAPE and LI-7!! for the bristol area and midlands all being supported with a S/SW wind and approaching cold front as wazza mentioned. sat is not quiet as exciting but still holds some hope.

looks like its time to maybe get excited bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:15 am

Oh yes JP!

Looks like temps are still rising and guess who is off the weekend? Me! But I have to be up at 03:45 monday morning so hoping that cold front arrives sat instead!
Back to top Go down
pulse1
pulse1

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Nice low there guys. Keep us posted as this thing gets closer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Without wanting to be the doom and gloom merchant again i cant see much happening this weekend in the way of T/Storms. Certainly not a widespread breakdown with only limited chances for a few areas of the UK.
Whilst there is the Low pressure system close by it will not make it far enough E and will also weaken signifigantly during the weekend. At the same time another ridge of High will also start pushing in from the S/SW bringing a more stable airmass and keeping thIs Low to the far W/NW.

Saturday SLP 15.00....

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Today_10

Shows a weak front pushing into more N/NW areas which at this time will certainly look the more favourable areas for anything during Saturday.

As ive mentioned things stay out to the W and do weaken as illustrated here in the SLP for 15.00 Sunday. Again still maybe giving the highest chances to areas further N and W.
You can also see the signs of another ridge of High pushing in from the SW.

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Today_12

I will add a quick Wind graphic as well here for Sunday 15.00

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Today_17

And if i take that another 6 hours forward the High is then making good progress and the Low is now pushed even further N/NW.

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Today_14

Parts of the UK do show reasonble CAPE and LI during these time frames but without an active system there our chances look limited. As ever scattered heavy showers are likely but the much hoped for T/Storms look unlikely to me generally.

Favoured areas to me look like parts of northern Wales, and anywhere on the more western side of the country further north from there with maybe some more central areas included as well. And all of these areas are the ones where things can interact with the Low. Elsewhere it just doesnt look likely at this point in time.

This is based on the 00z run 25/06. As ever the next Run may show some subtle changes.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:47 pm

sunday still looks to be the day of reckoning but the values have dropped right off and the cold front associated with the approaching low pressure system is weakining. theres still hope tho.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html

saturday, looks as if the west has the best shout then sunday for the east.

if anything kicks off here i'll set the live stream away at www.severestudios.com
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:03 pm

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Ukcapeli

the 06z run for 1800 sunday CAPE and LI and a tester really to see if i could figure out how to post an image, lol! cheers

looks like my oldman's gonna get more action than us tho Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:18 pm

And there i was just gonna answer your PM but theres no need to now is there lol!

As youve probably read im not overly excited for the weekend, but then thats not unusual is it, Mr Doom and Gloom as i should be called most of the time No

Yes there are possibilities of a little something but that Low weakens too much and stays too far West. Keep checking those GFS Runs and things will shape up later today as to just what may happen.

Cheers, The Grim Reaper affraid

Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:11 pm

dear weather gods, please send some storms to the SW to cheer up mr grumpy arse down there Twisted Evil

i know the feeling mate, maybe the best way is to be grumpy then get a nice suprise affraid

clever bugger eh? i've never noticed the tabs up the top before Sleep
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Yep i am still wearing my Grumpy Trousers here, been on all spring so far pale
Been not far from hopeless down this way. Im still prepared to travel if the set up looks as if things are more likely than not but to drive 100 mile plus for a few brief weak storms just isnt worth the time and expense is it.
Need one of those big Spanish Plumes arriving on our shores, nailed on action then surely.

Oh and thanks for putting the word out about the site as well. Its been a struggle so far and anything on that front will really help, nice one JP Smile
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:04 pm

think i must have them on too mate. dont know why i keep getting excited so far out? must be the thought of maybe finally getting what we want.
will keep an eye on the next few runs to see what changes. just hope that cold front can keep enough guts jocolor

no worries about putting the word out mate. just stuck a post on my FB wall too.
Back to top Go down
Kent Weather

Kent Weather

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:23 am

FAX Charts still suggest a weakening front which is a shame. I do wonder if this High pressure will infact kill off any convective chances and just leave strong CAPE and very decent Li values (even though GFS does overdo both) with no real chance of storms firing
Back to top Go down
http://kent-weather.co.uk
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:55 am

Just about bang on with my line of thinking there.
Im really struggling to see anything of note this weekend.
Low will be too weak, too far west and high pressure holding it back.

But then i sit here typing this looking at a NEW UKASF watch to the right of this screen on the front page.
Need to check that out and see what they are thinking on this one.

Great to see you straight into the discussions as well !
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:59 am

Taken from the UKASF watch recently issued...

Storm Forecast Issued: 2010-06-25 13:27:00
Valid: 2010-06-26 00:00:00 - 2010-06-26 23:59:00

Regions Affected
NW England, W/N Midlands, E Wales and W Northern Ireland (C/S Scotland, N England, Midlands, Wales and Northern Ireland are included in the WATCH)

Synopsis

Low pressure "Ilse" approaches the United Kingdom from the North Atlantic on Saturday, whilst High pressure "Xerxes" remains firmly situated over the North Sea.

Ahead of an increasingly weak eastward-moving cold front, a convergence line is forecast to develop in a N-S direction from the Bristol Channel northwards to southern Scotland. Along this line, aided by local sea breeze effects, scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop. There is a slight risk of a convergence-type funnel. Showers will persist in some areas until the end of this forecast period.

Across Northern Ireland/Ireland, scattered showers and thunderstorms are forecast to develop in the post-frontal airmass, moving northwards. These may persist into the night as they drift towards the Hebrides.

Not much of note there to me.
Will open up V5 Radar and Lightning Trackers and keep tabs.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:06 am

seen that too mate. not expecting nothing major but it would just be nice to see one wee storm.
its typical tho, we go and buy a DSLR and got cock all to phography storm wise (yet)

eagerly awaiting the next run to come out and see what that says pale
Back to top Go down
Kent Weather

Kent Weather

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:07 am

Based on that forecast then and for the areas involved, 2 words spring to mind

orographic lifting
Back to top Go down
http://kent-weather.co.uk
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:31 am

gotta love a bit of convergance. i can defo feel a storm dance coming on, just to try and help things along a touch bounce
be interesting to see if estofex and netweather issue a convective watch tomorrow or later today Suspect
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 am

Low coming onto the coastal regions and then forcing air up as it does so thus maybe something forming along that front/line.
Obviously mentioning the convergance there seems to be the case.

Currently a very small area of small but heavy showers showing in the far SE reaches of Ireland but other than that nothing as yet.

Will have a look at a SAT image as well in a minute.
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:43 am

Latest SAT image....

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. Sat_no10

Showing a front now pushing in from the far West.
As ive been doing this the latest radar image shows a much more active area of showers pepping up off the West coast of Ireland now.
They are just about visible on this sat image literally off the far West coast of Ireland.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:44 am

looks like the cold front has come ashore in SW ireland. it does look weak tho and producing the showers ahead of it in SE ireland.

need some of that wet stuff here coz the ground is dry as a bone and my veggies dont like it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:55 am

Why did you have to bring your veggies into in JP lol!

You or I , well all of us come to that can buy our spuds and carrots in Asda but we sure as hell cant buy a T/Storm can we !!
But having said that a storm will make us all happy, and that includes your veggies...WIN - WIN Very Happy

Netweather radar seems to be a little confused at the moment with what i would call anomalies between each update. The area off Ireland wasnt there, then looked good and has now all but gone again, in 20 mins as well !

Anyway, all eyes on whats happening from here on in.
Netweather currently have no Watches/Alerts issued.

PS, i hope your spuds get better soon JP Wink
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:15 am

hehehe, been out every night with the watering can trying to make my veggies grow some more Suspect cant beat a bit of homegrown.

poor radars as confused as us mate, wondering what the hells going on!! think danielle may be going shopping later so i'll ask her to ask in asda if there selling T-storms and if they are, i'll take the lot please, and i'll sell them on to ya for a good price! What a Face

wonder what the pub runs gonna come up with??
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:24 am

My other half is out shopping now, back soon hopefully.
Not expecting any 3 for 2 offers on T/Storms have been had but failing that i will let her off if there is a case or 2 of beer in there somewhere.
Warm weather = Cold Beer. Mike taught me that, never put the 2 together before Oz....he lied drunken

Just checked radar again and im not so sure if they are not having a few issues with it. Hasnt been refreshing as it should and when it does cant see any changes now. Not sure... ?
But if it is correct then there really isnt anything happening at all.
Must also remind myself that today wasnt really part of what we were looking at and moro and Sun should be the focus. ( but i still dont think anything will happen then either tongue )

EDIT....and the UKASF Watch is starting at midnight tonight as well.
Musnt get too carried away here !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, June.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next