Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July

Go down 
+6
Joanna762
Mark Hamilton
Marianne
Updraft
jp
Wazza
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:44 pm

nice pic del, it looks slightly mammatus to me. yesterday was a complete waste of time here. i slagged ma nature off big time but she still did'nt produce the goods only heavy rain! theres a wee risk of t-storms today but mainly in scotland and there gonna be short and sweet!!

what we got to do to get a decent storm in this frigging country?? dont think im gonna bother looking at models and warnings because it just does'nt happen!!!
Back to top Go down
weatherevents.net
Admin
weatherevents.net

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Del Trott wrote:

Is there a name for this bumpy looking underpart study lol!

yep, I'd agree with JP on this one.. I'd say you're looking at Mammatus cloud on the underside of an anvil perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherevents.net
Kent Weather

Kent Weather

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Pretty moderate Mammatus too! nice capture Very Happy Usually see weak mamma and sod all else locally lol
Back to top Go down
http://kent-weather.co.uk
Del Trott

Del Trott

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Iv see this a few time but wasn't sure what they where called but i did have a feeling it began with M Very Happy

Just come back in after a short outing in a local corn field, got some piccy's and a video/timelapse to post after iv sorted myself out.Got some towers going up and heavy showers here so ya never know.......
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:44 am

Well as ive already probably said it was a total non-event here in the SW.
Very little happened South of the M4 at all really, i did get out and about locally a few times but so much low cloud and very little daytime heating that it just never got going.
I did ensure i was out there when that Trough pushed across the SW as well but as ever still the same old story and nothing to see or chase. Early evening most of the low crap did clear and there was some reasonable structure showing but by then i had had enough, and even then it was only heavy showers and nothing else.
So another big fat zero for me on the storm front, im gonna go the whole summer that way i can just feel it....ever the optimist me, and yes my cup of tea is half EMPTY !

Del, congrats on a nice capture of some Mammatus as well, usually seen on the underside of a T/Storm anvil....good on ya !

And finally, can anyone locate or post the gust front vid here ?
Im assuming its on YT or is it on Netw Reports section ?
Either way if anyone could link it here i would be very grateful.

Happy days.

Oh and really finally, i have mentioned this on FB, but yesterday there were pics posted by 2 DJS, yes DJS....spin that choon and all that.....One was ATB, of a severe warned T/Storm with a belting shelf cloud and the other was Sander Van Doorn, who was talking of a Nado where he was, pic looked like severe storm as well mind....but both of them were kinda scared but excited as well...so grab those decks, head to mainland Europe, spin a choon and you will be treated to some severe weather.......wont swear here......but....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
Mark Hamilton

Mark Hamilton

Hi-Five : 3

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 am

well today wasnt completely uneventful...we had a torrential downpoor (see other thread in youtube area) which lasted a good 20 mins....but apart from that, its been very blustery but sunshine on and off....

i see there is a possibility of storms tomorrow afternoon? im currently sat on about 600 cape and a LI of -3 according to metcheck.com...roughly the same on netweather!

hopefully something GOOD will materialise
Back to top Go down
http://www.markhamilton.co.uk
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:18 am

You never know Mark...unlike me whos does know that i will see nothing.
Similar to today in many areas moro with some blustery showers about.

Its never right at the moment, we have a 990mb Low sat over the UK with heavy rain and gales in the SW ( here ) right now. Looking at Station Data its showing winds of 47mph in far SW Cornwall and 42mph in Plymouth affraid

Nice No
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:09 am

I know, lack of storms is doing my head in!

Yep, 992 here with real strong winds.... it's like a winter low! Very strong winds! And people wonder why the Brits moan about the weather? Because we can have 4 seasons in a day!!!

This morning was like spring, sunny and light showers, followed by warm summer sun, followed by heavy spring like showers again, followed now by a deep winter-like low! silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Mark Hamilton

Mark Hamilton

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:20 am

Just a quick update before I head to bed. But since about 5pm the wind has been pretty strong and it's just started to absolutely chuck it down. As Wayne said, I've had 4 seasons in one day to! Typical Britain. But sounds like the rain is just as bad as it wad this afternoon!! Very relaxing to listen to tho
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am

-insert various foul language equivalents here-

Absolutely nothing. Bit of rain, I just got wet.
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:40 am

Was this the image you guys were talking about? Posted by Cyprino at Netweather?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4794259219_b450430ec3_o.jpg

Absolutely stunning photography and storm!
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:47 am

Btw was this the vid you were looking for from Kent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z51bxNc-K6I&feature=player_embedded#!
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:49 am

Ooh wait, maybe this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSh3ar1wg1k&feature=related
Back to top Go down
weatherevents.net
Admin
weatherevents.net

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Marianne wrote:
Was this the image you guys were talking about? Posted by Cyprino at Netweather?

That is a superb capture and a really nice looking system too. Thanks for tracking this down and posting Marianne!

Nothing exciting up this way other than rain, rain oh and a bit more rain with some rain on top.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherevents.net
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:08 pm

well found marianne, well done for finding it and hi five for ya. looks like a nice but weak gust front.

its blowing a proper hoolie here with gusts near 40/50mph! its dry tho so thats a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Del Trott

Del Trott

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:12 pm

ThanX for posting marianne.

I agree,its a stunning picture and mean looking too,i wish was there to see it Sad

But,its a shame that the stitching together has produced some dark spots, i guess this could be sorted in photoshop or likes Idea.....just ignore me im just jealous as hell.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:20 pm

heres a makkie del, take a slap! Laughing tongue i here what your saying tho, it is badly stitched together.

i had some nice structure and updrafts yesterday which i got some photos of and done another timelapse.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Yep that's the vid Marianne!

That's a beautiful pic too, for the UK it's very impressive indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Del Trott

Del Trott

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:36 pm

Laughing Laughing thanx for the makkie,not from the beach then jp lol!
Back to top Go down
Mark Hamilton

Mark Hamilton

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 pm

weatherevents.net wrote:
Marianne wrote:

That is a superb capture and a really nice looking system too. Thanks for tracking this down and posting Marianne!

Nothing exciting up this way other than rain, rain oh and a bit more rain with some rain on top.

That photo is amazing! One of the best I have seen. It's in the same league as the photos I see from across the pond. Would love to get that blown up and put on my wall to be honust!

Weather here today so far has been sunny spellsbut it's very blustery outside. Some dark clouds just rolling over now though,
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:04 am

Del Trott wrote:
Laughing Laughing thanx for the makkie,not from the beach then jp lol!

lol, nope that one's out the freezer lol!

still blowing a hoolie here but it has calmed down a bit from earlier/
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 am

Marianne, a High 5 from me as well for tracking those down, much appeciated.
The first vid of that Shelf is just stunning, oh to see something like that, and boy was it moving as well. I did just try to view the picture but link wouldnt let me, says image is unavailable, will try later anyway, but thanks again Very Happy

Mackeral flying around as well, we know JP didnt catch one so it must of come outta the freezer, now a slap with a stiff one ( keep those minds clean please ) is gonna sting a bit clown
Im off to Long Quarry, Torquay on Sunday to have a dangle. Plenty of options there with Mack ( non frozen ), Mullet and Wrasse being our targets.

Anyway back to the weather, last night was a wild one for most.
Reports of 70+mph gusts in Devon/Cornwall and 60+ around here. There were power cuts locally and plenty of tree limbs down, some of them rather large. The neighbours shed roof went for a wander as well Razz

Heavy showers all day today, just had a nice looking line of heavy showers pass here and i was kinda hopeful with nice Cape and LI about but as usual just wind and rain.

Even the golf at St Andrews has just been stopped because its too windy, get on with it i say......would be far more interesting to see balls flying all over the place......oh dear where has that one gone Shocked
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:50 am

it was straight out the freezer mate and thanks for the reminder Rolling Eyes you gonna dangle your tackle eh?? watch you dont get arrested What a Face

weather.....still blowing but its eased right off now. got some nice CU just now but thats it!
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:50 am

Updraft, smaller version but at least it's available!

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 4794259219_ded34d7d73_z
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:56 am

Marianne thanks for that, gotta say that is a belter of a storm/picture Shocked
As good as ive ever seen taken here in the UK as far as Shelf Clouds are concerned.

Superb !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re:    UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July    	 UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 11th July
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next