Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. Empty
PostSubject: Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.   Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Well, most of the storm has now passed through with winds in Scotland having reached an unconfirmed 79mph.

Ju has been on a chase to Lyme Regis catching some wild weather, so I dare say we will hear from him later on.

In the Midlands here, it is currently wet and breezy, but no significant gusts yet.

Hopefully we can get some pics and detail here! Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
weatherevents.net
Admin
weatherevents.net

PostSubject: Re: Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.   Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Well I'll start the ball rolling with a windspeed graph from my webcast yesterday. This graph incorporates the most intense spell of wind during my morning on the coast of the Firth of Forth:

Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. 20101108_1035_wind

And a weathercam pic to match:

Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. 10203010
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherevents.net
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.   Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 am

Just Hi-Fived you for that graph mate, brilliant! Love how easy it is to read there.

Looks like a breezy one, I saw the camera wobble on the video, and lowering the mast a bit may save her bending as you say.

Still need to see your lab! May have to organise a road trip sometime. Maybe the MetW UK meet needs to get off the ground?...
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
weatherevents.net
Admin
weatherevents.net

PostSubject: Re: Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.   Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:07 am

Thanks Wazza, appreciate the kind comments (and the high-5 even more, LOL)! Very Happy

The mast height is always a trade-off between getting as close as possible to the 10m regulation height for measuring windspeed, and the stability of the weathercam/safety of the mast.

I do have a guying kit for the mast, but I don't like using it due to the public trip hazard (which, apart from the injury risk, could do more damage to the mast than the wind, especially if some 300 pound couch potato decides to practise his tight-rope walking using one of the guys) Very Happy They also do little for the stability of the camera which surprised me the first time I tried it, although I suspect it would have helped a little yesterday.

Defo need to get a meet organised!! Would love to show you guys the lab setup, etc!
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherevents.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.   Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Analysis of Atlantic Storm 7/8th November.
Page 1 of 1