Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.

Go down 
+2
jp
Wazza
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. Empty
PostSubject: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:27 am

Well I only went out to get a Chinese takeaway and caught this!

I had been watching small showers develop all afternoon, and fade out as quick as they came. During the evening, I watched a small area of interest begin to develop over me, so whilst going out to the Chinese I decided to take my cam with me, just in case. I stood on a hill taking photos of the cloud structure, then bosh, lightning above my head.

First pictures I forgot to change the ISO to 200, it was set to maximum by error hence the noise, in the rush of things I got it wrong. For the lightning flash, I had remembered to change it.

I also realised I need something to cover my lens for raindrops!

Radar:

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. Radar

Approaching:

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. Storm1

Closer:

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. Storm2

Lightning. It was all a rush as there were only 5 flashes in total, but happy I caught this. You can see a small feed poking out of the cloud to the left of the screen, and one hidden within the cloud around centre shot.

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. Lightning
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:05 pm

great wee photos there wazza. can see the wee feed sticking out. Shocked was seeing it on radar.
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Nice one Wazz, bet that was a rush being there with the camera waiting and hoping to catch a decent shot.. its a real buzz for sure bounce

A few smallish storms did appear yesterday and you did well to catch one. There was reasonable CAPE and LI about until 20.00ish last night which obvioulsy helped.

Forgetting to change the settings....thatll be excitement then... Embarassed

Nice one !

Edit...well added comment..takeaway ..again !
Not a K either...shocking !
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Mate it was a buzz! But also I was a but nervous standing on the hill hence the reason I went back down to the car.... It was close!

I looked at the Cape etc, cape at the time showed around 200, still low enough to produce.

Re takeaway, yeah got in late so I weren't cookin! rabbit
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Got in the car....CLOSE = GOOD lol!
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree. But stood on a mound with three trees, a tripod... Lightning was overhead. If it was a bit further away I'd have stayed on said hill. What a Face
Back to top Go down
pulse1
pulse1

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:24 am

Neat guys! At last there was something to grab! Nice low cloud base and I reckon this is the first thunderstorm post for the UK!

You and Julian would have been muttering...'Come on, keep going!'

great post and photos...
Back to top Go down
http://www.http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Joanna762

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:03 am

cheers Well done there on getting those photos Wazza. That must have got the adrenalin going! Hope you remembered to pick up the Chinese on the way back! Probably a little later too than planned! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:25 am

Brilliant pics!! Great capture and I bet you enjoyed that Chinese even more after it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Cheers guys !

I would have captured a couple more flashes but every time the shutter closed on the cam there was a flash! Really annoying!

Chinese had to wait, lightning more important, but i did enjoy it knowing I'd captured a little lightning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.   Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Storm, Saturday 2nd May.
Page 1 of 1