Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Current warnings and rainfall.

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 450ef9e5

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 4e52904c

Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Joanna762

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:50 pm

You guys need to be down here! I think we will have a good few days of typical autumn windy and wet weather! Yesterday wasn't too bad, in fact we had that calm before the storm type afternoon, so I made sure the garden furniture etc was tidied up a bit and sure enough, the wind and rain started up late evening. Quite a noisy night and still here this morning. Looks from the charts as if next week will see increased wind speeds too! Perhaps I should get the video out and go to the beach - however we don't have very high tides at the moment so probably nothing too exciting to see. Rolling Eyes

Hope you're feeling better Ju...got the same kind of thing down here...tonsillitis and chest infections! Don't you love it when the kids get back to school and bring the lurgies back!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Hey Wazza - nice up-date there on the weather warnings - you see that big splodge of yellow/green at the bottom of the last pic, well we are in it!!! Wink

Take a look at this for more info on the buoys around the coasts for info too!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/buoy/

Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Well as im sat typing here it kinda shows ive not headed off to the coast this morning. Couldnt make my mind up and was always thinking that things would be too far east by the time i would have been down there. On top of that ive still not shaken off the chest infection so 3 or 4 hours out in this is maybe not such a good idea. Yep ive wimped out on this one No

Im assuming those graphics are from that Bill Gates Computer Phone you have Wazza, how cool is that to be able to view and post them from a phone. Impressive i must say ( poser ) Rolling Eyes

So maybe thinking ive made the wrong choice in not going but im sure there will be many more chances to get out, unlike the T/Storms ( 2010 = Nil )

Now wheres my hoover and duster scratch
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Not sure if my eyesight is failing me or im just goin mad, no answers required there. I logged on here, looked at what was posted, saw Wazzas graphics and posted a reply. Looked back and saw that Jo had 2 messages that i didnt think were there before i replied myself, confused Shocked

So, Jo, not got out as you now know. School bugs indeed, not been ill for months and months and then 2 weeks off from work and thats that, lovely.
Best stay dry and warm, need to be careful at my age.

Certainly some rough stuff about, quietens off for a while but plenty more to come thankfully. Never right is it, wishing for severe gales and floods !!

Nice link Jo as well, it is one ive seen and look at once in a while, so much info out there if you search for it, all good stuff.

Just had a quick look, only 4 metre waves off Cornwall at the moment, damn wheres my Surfboard geek
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 pm

I've just got back and found my garden containers blown over...yep, it's whipping up out there! Will have a drive by the sea in a while to see how rough things are out there! There are some delays and cancellations at the harbour so it must be getting a bit bumpy!

Point of interest:

An old wife's tale says " It is said of March weather that if it comes in like a lamb, it will go out like a lion" - a saying often said here followed by - "And September will follow the same way". And a quick glance at the diary confirms that this was indeed the case!!! Just a little trivia for you! rabbit
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:08 am

Very interesting that one! I can imagine the wind where you are Jo, I mean nothing shelters you does it?

Yeah pics uploaded from my Bill Gates phone Laughing ! It's handy keeping an eye on all things weather for sure. You saying about wanting severe gales and rain Ju, wouldn't things be boring without it? I mean... when we were in Hawaii, we found that for 365 days a year, temps are around 30 degrees, with a bit of rain on most days in the rain Forrest. Every day the same. Through summer the only risk they have is the odd hurricane, but most of them disappear off to the south. No thunderstorms, no snow, no hail.... BORING!

I love the changes in the UK weather, brings a whole lot of new challenges. Driving a car through a storm, and snow etc... Also the fun of having to go outside at midnight to tie down your garden furniture. Makes things interesting. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:09 am

Oh forgot to add.... Lordi!!!!

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 222897ac
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 2:55 am

Been a bit wet out today. Barely stopped for 10 minutes. Now seeing the back of this system showing on radar reasonbly well, few lighter showers maybe and then out of it at last. Clear up just in time for it to get dark, yeah thanks for that Suspect

Things have taken a lot longer than expected to clear Eastwards.
For those that have any interest in the Ryder Cup Golf, Newport, S Wales, play was held up and then cancelled for the day due to the waterlogged course, and it was waterlogged as well, standing water all over.
After midday there was talk that forecasters had said the rain would have cleared by 13.30 and play may have resumed during the afternoon. Things finally started clearly at least 2 hours later than predicted. Not a good day all round.
For those that still have rain and more to come i wish you a good evening Razz
Back to top Go down
weatherevents.net
Admin
weatherevents.net

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:12 am

Certainly has been a fairly soggy day up here too by all accounts. But the radar is now showing the rain clearing away to the east (finally)! The rainfall charts aren't quite as steep as earlier in the week, but still some fairly decent showers evident in the graph:

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 Screen%20shot%202010-10-01%20at%2017.10.53
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherevents.net
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:51 am

Well we have had very gusty winds and it has rained really quite heavily all day, causing flooding as road drains can't cope with it and definitely bad hair! afro
Not a nice day to be out driving! However, as I write, I think the rain is easing at long last! cheers

Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:26 am

All calm here now, what a grim day all round.
Still it is Oct now so cant expect too much i suppose.
Glad youve had a nice day as well Jo, would hate to think others didnt enjoy todays weather as well.
Wishing i had gone to the coast today but will have other days im sure.

Ive just found the following detail on Netweather and IF i remember i will post this every day, covers highs and lows for the UK, temp, wind and rainfall wise by area.
I need to check exactly what time frame this is based on and when a full days data is there, certainly an interesting piece, highest winds today - Aberdeenshire 41.3 mph. Rainfall currently shows as 11.41mm in Yorkshire but im sure that isnt the full days total, thus needing to check time frame.

Anyways, courtesy of Netweather....

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=tables;sess=b9d9bb5b0ed0e72cdb56fedc13592003

*** EDIT *** May have misread the detail, appears to be predicted totals from GFS ?? Not sure, cant see how the detail can be so exact as a prediction ?
Any opinions ?
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:59 am

Do I need to subscribe to view that info? Can't see exactly what data you are referring to. confused
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:35 am

Oh that doesnt help does it Jo No

I did check it worked but im guessing that because i subscribe to the full Netw package it linked through okay from here but wouldnt let you.
Oh what a pain that is, sorry.

I will look about for similar data that can be shown/linked that will show daily highs/lows wettest ect. Always interesting to see whats happening UK wide.

Wished i hadnt posted the link now, wasnt sure if the data was predictive or real time and now it cant be viewed by others...success pale
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 pm

There is a way around that though, take a screen shot of the info.

When you have the info on the screen that you want us all to look at:

- Hold "shift" and press "PrtScn" (Print Screen, top-right on my keyboard).

- Open Photoshop, Paint, or any other graphic thingy and create a new page the size of your desktop resolution. (mine is 1920x1080, you can find this info in the Control Panel, Display icon)

- When done, Right-Click the mouse over the blank page you just created and "Paste". (Some programs require you to follow the "Edit" menu then Paste.)

- Save as JPEG.

For example:

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 Untitled-2

Once you have created the image/page you want, you can crop it to get the info only you want. Say it's a graph, crop that bit out then save the image.

king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 26th September
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2