Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi Empty
PostSubject: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 am

not sure if you guys where watching the streams last night? i was watching alton webb's stream on www.severstudios.com

what a monster and very active day it was indeed. unfortunatly there where 11 fatalities in yesterdays outbreak.

reed and co. where chasing the tornado and where first on the scene going door to door looking for people needing help.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/tornado-touches-down-mississippi-042410
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:38 am

Watched it all happen on numerous stream, it was awful to watch.

Reed just posted some video of it up on youtube -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRabHzYQsk
Back to top Go down
weatherevents.net
Admin
weatherevents.net

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:26 am

Very sad and sobering that people lost lives in this outbreak. Houses and stuff can be replaced but lives cannot!

Twitter was going mental with updates from this outbreak too.

It's a reminder of why the research into these storms is still so relevant and important!
Back to top Go down
http://www.weatherevents.net
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Exactly, more research is vital. Although at the end of the day this area had been warned well in advance and was even under a tornadic emergency before it got hit. People really need to listen up when those warnings get issued.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah a very bad day indeed for these people. I was glancing at the streams as this unfolded.

I agree with you Marianne, it's all good having these warning sirens, but as you say, people really should listen to them and take cover. I would!
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 pm

this tornado has been rated EF4! Here is the latest storm survey from the MS tornado Saturday. More surveys will be conducted today. It's likely that the path length will increase. PATH LENGTH: 97 MILES 1.75 MILES WIDE RATING: EF4, WITH MAXIMUM WINDS OF 170 MPH CASUALTIES: 10 TOTAL FATALITIES WITH DOZENS OF INJURIES.

a fatal tornado that travelled 97 miles Shocked my praises go out to the storm chasers that dedicate there time, money and travel thousands of miles each year to track and report these amazing acts of mother nature. my thoughts are also with the familys of those people who lost loved ones during this tragic event. if it was'nt for the spotters and chasers alot more lives could have been lost.
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Nice thread JP, albeit a very sobering one at that.
As most of us were it seems , i was also watching many of the streams around this time. And maybe not being such a bad thing in hindsight this all happened when i was having lunch. Literally sat down to the images from all the chasers cars as the rescue/recovery mission started.

Its one of those strange situations where you, well certainly i did, question whether you are comfortable viewing images like this, moreso as they were raw/live images as well.
Its real life and death right there in front of you. Of course we do watch because its something that is hard to comprehend to most, to see such destruction over such a vast area. What was a normal quiet place is suddenly ripped from the ground and scattered afar by a monster storm. And reading the detail posted above that it certainly was. And to make it all the more difficult to comprehend is that both before and after this tragic event you see pictures of a bright sunny day with gentle warm breezes. A beautiful day in anyones eyes.

Of course it wouldnt be right not be comment on the tremendous efforts made by all those chasers who were on the scene within minutes and doing their utmost to help whereever they could.. Many of these guys may well be looked down on as people that take pleasure in others pain but for anyone that saw what these guys did then they will see that is very far from the truth. Their chase day ended right there.

And of course thoughts to everyone that lost family and are affected directly or indirectly by this sad event. A very sad day ....Mother Nature at her worst.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 pm

i got that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when i saw what i was seeing....trees ripped straight out of the ground and buildings being flattened right in front of my eyes!! what made it worse tho, was the fact it was rain wrapped and could barley see it (not for me, but the residents and chasers). i was totally in awe of what i was seeing and its just made my hunger even more so to go and chase the finger of god.

the stream i was watching had audio and listening to alton webb on the phone to the NWS had me shaking!! hearing the fear and terror in the chasers voice is something im never going to forget in a hurry!
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Believe it or not ive still not seen one Nado on any streams at all !
And that includes last year as well.....my timing must be spot on Suspect

As a matter on interest what server do you run on JP, Google Chrome ?
I do seem to lose a lot of the streams a lot of the time, especially the Chaser TV wall, very rare that i get more than half the screens up, of course some may be down because of signal issues ect but im sure that i am missing out a bit somewhere.
Also if i put the streams in separate pop ups nearly every time i return to them they are frozen and i cannot get them going again ? Have to start all over, damned annoying.

Bit off topic there maybe....as far as what happened in Yazoo, im sure seeing and hearing things like that will stay with you for a long time, maybe forever even.
In a way im kinda glad i did miss some of it to be honest. Chilling stuff.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:22 pm

dont think it will ever leave my memory to be honest mate. my face must have been a picture tho coz when danielle came back from her mums she asked me what was wrong.

RE; the browsers, i use both IE8 and chrome. IE8 for sever studios and chrome for chaserTV (as recommended by dave drummond) and TVN. i just watch the video wall on CTV till something pops up and just watch one stream on TVN. usually i have severral streams from severe studios on the go too. with both browsers open at the same time.

your telling me you did'nt see any of the naders on thur or sat??? i saw 8 on thur and 3 on fri Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:27 am

Cheers for the info JP, will try Chrome and see what happens.

And NO i didnt see any Nados at all Mad
Like i say my timing must be very good, although if they happen evening time over there thats gonna be late/early hours over here so im not up that late too often because of getting up for wok.
Never mind, early days eh Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 am

no probs mate. the first nader on thursday was around 8pm GMT even danielle seen it, her first one Exclamation it was in colarado on CTV. bart comstock on SS has bagged a fair few already, think he's on a mission this season. he's a good one to watch. seen the nader he bagged in goodnight TX the same day.

chromes pretty good for watching the streams only thing is tho shockwave player sometimes crashes. just a case of closing it down and starting again lol!

if things look good i usually sit up till around 1-2am.
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:18 am

For me, I always use chrome. Normally i'll flick between streams on TVN and I keep the CTV wall up until something looks interesting then i'll make it a bit bigger. I do have the same problems on CTV with streams freezing but normally a refresh seems to do the trick unless the chaser has went out of signal.

So far i've seen three tornadoes, well two and half, this year. I caught the night time tornado Brian Emfinger streamed - that was scary as it was just lit up by lightning and appeared out of nowhere. It also looked like a low wall cloud but then power flashes appeared! The second I saw was a few days ago on TVN, it was just brief, can't remember who streamed it now, actually. The third was a corner of that Yazoo tornado right in front of a chasers car on CTV, he's stream died before I could see more but I didn't realise that was the tornado until I saw the same footage on Sky News!

As for me, the Yazoo day was unnerving. I felt uneasy seeing the chasers standing in the middle of the highway turning cars around, then seeing the damage shortly after as Brad pulled up behind Reed, I was in shock. Shaken. Pretty close to tears. One side of me wanted to turn it off and just contemplate it, but a part of me felt that as an extreme weather enthusiast it was important to see the aftermath. I know I can get caught up when seeing tornadoes being caught in open country and getting excited and thinking how awesome it is, but seeing Yazoo and the relief effort really anchored me back down and reminded me of the sheer destructive power and the human cost that these tornadoes can have. It's one thing seeing images and videos of say, Greensburg tornado, it's an entirely different thing seeing it live. In a way I wanted it to make a lasting impression, I don't think i'll ever forget those images, especially when Kris Hair finally managed to drive through the town.

It's also great to see the chasers involved helping where they could, Reed said on Facebook they went from house to house and saw some pretty bad things. That's a lot to deal with for anyone. He updated today to say he was still in Yazoo. It really makes it hit home how important these guys are for collecting the data and footage that they can and getting that into research programme's to prevent the human loss that occurred at this time. We'll most likely never be able to control the power of tornadoes, but warning times will increase with all the new information gathered and put to good use and that can really save lives if people listen.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Very true Marianne.

It's good to see that everyone does stay to help. Being severe weather enthusiasts is one thing, but helping to possibly save lives is another. I know for a fact that if I saw something of such devastation I couldn't just carry on chasing the Nado.

For the start of the season this was a big tornado. Wondering what more is to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi   EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EF3/4 tornado flattens E yazoo city in mississippi
Page 1 of 1