Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

Share | 

UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 am

And to kick start this forum!

Well this week seems to have a trend to it, with high pressure sitting to the NW of the country, meaning we have a colder NE flow. This will have the obvious effect of knocking back the temperatures somewhat.

Cape and LI are nothing to speak of, and hardly any precip either. Temp wise we are looking around the 15deg mark, so not that warm, especially with the NE breeze!

Last edited by Wazza on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.metweatheruk.net

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:27 am

it still looks better than last weeks charts!
we haven't got the 2 pressure bubbles on either side of the country!
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:35 pm

All rather non-descript weather wise right now with very little change likley during the next few days it seems. Certainly not expecting anything of note and as far as storms...its not happening.

Will see a front pushing down from the N/NW in the next few days and if anything that will see temps drop a touch with rain in more Northern parts as well initially.

Difficult to find much to discuss at present, keep looking at the GFS and keep hoping as ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Updraft
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:00 pm

A quick update looking at things into the weekend and Monday.
Current GFS shows things cooling down quite a bit as a Cold Front pushes in from the North and temps will quickly become noticably surpressed accordingly.
And certainly a chance of yet more Snow over Scotland but im unsure as to if that applies to just higher ground at this point but im not seeing anything of much signifigance.
But looking to be a case of enjoying these seasonably average temps while we can before things take a turn for the worse yet again.

On Sunday i will post what will be the start of our Weekly Outlook for each week using Netweather.tv graphics. Heres hoping that there will something of interest in that and discussions can begin here at long last.

So back to the weekend and into Monday....all graphics Courtesy of Netweather.tv. You will see how colder air is drawn across the UK from what is a cold region far to the North.
I have posted Sea Level Pressure Charts and Max Temp graphics for Sat, Sun and Mon. I have also shown where likely Snowfall is currently Forecast for Sunday only as after that i feel the risk is very very small. And finally a graphic to illustrate Wind Speed and Direction which clearly shows things in a N/NE'rly flow.

Saturday 12.00 SLP Chart...

Saturday 12.00 Max Temp.

Sunday 12.00 SLP Chart

Sunday 12.00 Max Temp

Monday 12.00 SLP Chart

Monday 12.00 Max Temp

Precip Type 12.00 Sunday

Wind Barbs 12.00 Sunday

So thats my take on the weekend and Monday and i hope that both my basic description and graphics help in some way.

Julian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Updraft
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:53 pm

Not a great deal changed GFS wise to the above up to and incl Mon.
Only noticable differences i can see really is that temps may well not become so surpressed further South and West, still cooler though.

Snow still quite likely in Scotland during Sunday and maybe not exclusively reserved for higher regions now either. Not seeing anything in the way of much accumulation but not really welcome mid April anyway is it !

More in vain than expectation i did run GFS out to the end of April and as yet not seeing signs of anything Storm wise at all. Cape and LI barely showing itself at all bar one day where numbers looked good over Ireland. Not expecting or dismissing anything just yet for April as things will certainly change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Updraft
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Well not seeing much affect from what was meant to be a Cold Front moving across the UK. Temps here at 15C with a light SSE breeze so no sign of the temps dropping as GFS showed quite yet.
Certainly nice out there without a cloud in the sky...some Ash perhaps though !

Although having just looked at recent data it appears that the far N of Scotland is having a bit of Sleet/Snow at the moment with temps showing between 7 and 3C as well, so a signifigant difference to whats further S.

BBQ time maybe !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wazza
Admin

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:38 am

Nice one for posting upps man, had a BBQ today! First one of the year worth celebrating.

Yeah GFS looking a bit similar, winds blowing some ash from the north... darn!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.metweatheruk.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10   

Back to top Go down

UK Weather, Forecasts, Reports and discussions WC 12/04/10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: UK Weather :: UK Weather Reports & Discussion-
Jump to: