Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

a few suggestions ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

a few suggestions ? Empty
PostSubject: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:22 pm

I don't know who's building the forum and I don't mean to step on any toes!!

A Section for all Newbie Members to Post a greeting stating who they are, where their from, what they chase in .. tools!!

A Section for Website Links ...
I know I'm posting a link for here on the Wetroads Forums and I know some won't be able to travel those roads but it's helpful data if you're chasing!

Also maybe a Vehicle Help Section for hints/tips on mods
maybe a PC/Mac Section for Software/Hardware help
Back to top Go down
pulse1
pulse1

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 pm

We'll see what we can do re your suggestions. Myself I'm not that technically minded re the computer side but the other mods may be helpful there, depends on the info required!

I thought there was a welcome area - mmm perhaps not - some things have not been added just yet, but they will once the suggestions and decisions come filtering through. I think the forum thus for two days only running is looking very nice - love the banner - it's insane!

The forum is primarily a weather forum first but threads for members to discuss their vehicles and the like could probably be chatted about in the misc area...I'll put it to admin also and chat about it.

Good suggestions and welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.http://StormscapesDarwin.com

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:44 pm

pulse1 wrote:
We'll see what we can do re your suggestions. Myself I'm not that technically minded re the computer side but the other mods may be helpful there, depends on the info required!

I thought there was a welcome area - mmm perhaps not - some things have not been added just yet, but they will once the suggestions and decisions come filtering through. I think the forum thus for two days only running is looking very nice - love the banner - it's insane!

The forum is primarily a weather forum first but threads for members to discuss their vehicles and the like could probably be chatted about in the misc area...I'll put it to admin also and chat about it.

Good suggestions and welcome!

I've got a few contacts in IT and Mechanics so I can plug them for info !

For a 2 day old forum it's looking damn great!

Thanks Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 am

is the Photo and Youtube section for Weather only or anything ???
just so we don't get totally off-topic postings
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:17 am

Hi Funterra and welcome!

The suggestions have been taken on board, and thank you for your input.

Re the YouTube area, It can be for anything really to begin with, depends on how the structure of the forum sets it out.

We will see! Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:32 am

Wazza wrote:
Hi Funterra

Hello Wazza ..

I didn't mean to step on anyones toes by suggesting all of that, it's just I've found it helpful on other forums to have sections for Vehicle Help (could save money) , Computer Help (Will Save Money) and a Specific Hello Section (Helps put names, vehicles & capabilities to faces)
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:36 am

Not a problem, useful to find out any other info - suggestions. Thats what this section is fore mate, no probs! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:41 am

If I can help in any way, let me know!

We're working on Multi-Map & SatNav overlays for Fords so you know what roads can be driven and what can't over on wetroads.
We're working with Dealers and Breakers for Vehicle Parts on 4x4offroading/fronteraowners & muddyfrontera
I'm also in contact with IT analysts and am myself a MCP (microsoft Certified Professional) working towards my MSCA Certification ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:02 pm

I have a grumble guys ...

I know you're busy here but have you all forgone TVN ?

There's none of the great discussions no more, no forecasts, in fact even T92 has made comment that you seem to be taking time out from TVN
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:38 am

If im honest the answer to that is yes we have forgone the TVN thing, well personally anyway. On TVN we had what was really a Forum within a Forum. The UK thread was set up and had been running very well for some time as we all know and that was partly why we considered setting this site up in the first place.
Instead of talking about our weather on someone elses site, and a U.S. one at that it seemed to make perfect sense to have our own UK site.
And when i say "our" that is meant as in the UK TVN ers, certainly to start with anyway.

If this site doesnt take off then so be it, we have tried at least.
And of course there is nothing stopping those chats, discussions ect continuing albeit we have tried to make that happen here instead of TVN.
Certainly not expecting anyone to desert TVN because of this site but maybe would have hoped that support would have been better. As such its only you Steve and Graham that have shown any interest at all so far of which we are very grateful.

Im not about to try to force anyone over, thats not the way i work and im sure Mike and Wazza are the same. But this site is set up, available to use and it already has a Weekly UK Section up and running, with graphics just as TVN did, we just need people on there joining in. Whether that happens or not is out of my control.
Would i like to see the UK TVNers all here, of course i would.

Only time will tell how this all goes but hopefully given time and some commitment things will gradually improve to the point where we have a vibrant friendly UK forum just as we had on TVN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a few suggestions ?   a few suggestions ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a few suggestions ?
Page 1 of 1