Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  Empty
PostSubject: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm

News from NetWeather.tv.

Spell of Severe Weather

After a fairly benign spell of weather through much of January, the Atlantic has awoken for a time at least and the latest low pressure system is a nasty one.. It will track to the north of Scotland bringing a spell of severe gales, heavy rain and even blizzards in parts of Scotland.

Starting with the wind, blowing from the Southwest initially, they will start to pick up during today, starting in the west of Ireland and working their way eastward. By late afternoon gusts inland of 70mph plus are likely to affect much of Ireland, Scotland, North Wales and Northern England, with gusts higher on exposed coasts. Through the evening and overnight, winds will slowly turn to the west with the Northern Isles and exposed Northern coastal regions of Scotland potentially seeing gusts closing in on 100mph before the winds slowly ease (here at least) during the early hours.

A band of heavy rain, followed by squally showers will accompany the winds during the day, these will affect Ireland, Wales, Northern England and Scotland in particular, with the rainfall falling as snow over the Scottish mountains, and as colder air gets pulled south behind the rain many of the showers will become more wintry in Scotland later.

Although the early hours Friday will see winds easing in the north, it will also see further severe gales developing across Ireland and Wales and these will spread to Northern England, parts of the Midlands and Southern Scotland dduring the first part of the day. Gusts of 70-80mph are likely in exposed regions.

Friday will also see more heavy rain affecting many northern and western parts which will add to the already impressive totals which by the end of the day may be reaching 100mm over the higher ground of the northwest of England, western Scotland and Wales.

Looking ahead to the weekend, the strongest winds will slowly get squeezed south and ease, but it stays very unsettled a good deal of wet weather around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 am

Back to the current severe weather... Here are the Hi-Res 12z runs for 21z this evening. Gonna be a gnarly night!

Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  Bfea9935

Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  9f4aeeab

Apologies for the image quality, the iPhone App seems to have changed lately!
Back to top Go down
Gill Bone

Gill Bone

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 am

Hi there

Things have bene wild here in that there have been reports of trees down, jack knifed lorries on the M8, a double decker bus got blew over and down an embanlment.

Won't be able to tell the extent of damage until the morning when it is safer.
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am

Well according to my dad the west coast of scotland had the most spectacular lightning display he's ever seen about 4am last night, he said at times the lightning was lighting the sky for up to 10 seconds at a time and he's never heard thunder like it! Insane. Unfortunately...it wasn't where I now live. Typical.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 pm

was fairly wild yesterday, heres the report http://www.essl.org/ESWD/
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Nice one JP - we are in for a battering down south with this lot today, I will be out later on I reckon, waiting for the peak winds to start making their presence known! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Just looked at the latest Hi-Res runs, this evening I am on the southern edge of the warned area so may see some nice gusts. It seems to be set in all day so picking a time is easy to go out - any time!

SLP
Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  Fri4thSLP

Gust Strength
Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  Fri4thGusts

These are the 06z runs for 00z tonight.
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:02 am

we've been getting 50mph gusts all day. was sat in the car while the wife was at the quacks and it was rocking and rolling!! (with the wind before ya say anything Rolling Eyes )

Back to top Go down
Gill Bone

Gill Bone

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am

I don't know if anyone has noticed the deep low pressure systems developing over the Atlantic, I have been watching one set to take hold by the end of the week the occluded front stretches from the lower tip of Greenland and extends down so the southern tip of Portugal.

I have also noticed the systems that are developing are far deeper than normal for this time of year with the centre reaching 940mb, as has been the case in several that have formed over the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:39 am

Haha JP! Outside the quacks too? Deary me! Lol

Gill, yeah I've seen those. There seems to be one after another with them, just circling up towards Greenland etc. And like you say they do look quite deep too. It just needs for that HP over Europe to slip away and let these drift further towards us and it could bring more wild weather.

They are deep systems for sure. The Atlantic has awoken! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!    Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep areas of Low Pressure attacking the UK!
Page 1 of 1