Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Luxton

Dave Luxton

Hi-Five : 0

Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! Empty
PostSubject: Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 am

Hey Guys...Im Dave...always had a thing about the weather. My moment of glory came last year whilst on holiday in Cyprus. The wife and i go to the same place every year, in Protaras. As a rule in Sept we dont ever see a cloud and the weather remains cloudless and constant. After day 2 last year, i just had a crazy notion there was weather about...now...i didnt check the internet or watch TV but i predicted we would have rain 4 days in advance...and i thought it would be serious rain rather than a shower. I felt like Paul Daniels when bang on cue the clouds rolled in and it rained for five hours. So wots unusual? Well i changed my predictions on the day to thunderstorms! And yep...we had one....plus 3 Tornados in Nicosia. Also saw a large waterspout which was out to sea. Now personally i dont like winter, tho i do get excited about snow. I know all the signs and patterns required for significant snowfall in the SW.of England. I always kinda get a good feeling about a week / 10days before hand...so i look forward to posting my thoughts to you. My earliest prediction is nothing unusual. We might have some snowfall but i cant see records being broken..of course if things change i will let everyone know...Glad to be on board....Cheers Dave.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Dave!

Welcome first of all to MWUK! Plenty going on here to chat about so feel free to dive right into discussion and have fun!

One of the things you mentioned in your intro was about the snowfall predictions this year. Basically, none of us have a clue as we are forecast the La Nina phenomenon, so I'd love to hear your take on this.

Thanks again for joining and I look forward to future discussion and laughs!

Wazza (Wayne).
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Dave Luxton

Dave Luxton

PostSubject: Re: Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Wazza wrote:
Hi Dave!
I just follow things to be honest....i listen to quotes....news and various other bits and pieces....especially wildlife behaviour. Not sure how rare this is, but i know when the pressure is dropping. My belly really starts to give me grief and stuff like a migrane. Yeah i kinda started looking at the the La Nina thing last year. To be honest i need to have another look at it. I have views on maybe global warming is to blame for the random weather. I think its something to do with the strong solar flares the sun has been throwing out over the past few years! Yeah im like a kid with snowfall lol. I know wot im looking for...when i see it i'll let everyone know! Sure we might get some....but im talking about the BIG snowfall! Should be fun on here...i gotta lot of random views and i look forward to shouting a few later....
Welcome first of all to MWUK! Plenty going on here to chat about so feel free to dive right into discussion and have fun!

One of the things you mentioned in your intro was about the snowfall predictions this year. Basically, none of us have a clue as we are forecast the La Nina phenomenon, so I'd love to hear your take on this.

Thanks again for joining and I look forward to future discussion and laughs!

Wazza (Wayne).
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:59 am

Well i never , Dave i had to check the name twice before i was sure Shocked
Great to see you here on our forum, just a little something Wazza and myself (yes its Julian ) set up earlier this year.

Nice introduction and i see you have alreday dived straight in on the discussions re the approaching Low late sunday, great stuff !

We do try to mix good informative detail /discussion with a laid back approach here as you will soon see. Certainly no experts ( aside of Pulse, Mike O'Neill who is a lightning photographer/stormchaser in Darwin, Aus ) but even then Mike will play that down just a bit, he is our man in the know though.

Look forward to seeing you about and of course enjoy Smile

Oh and i better add that ive known Dave for a very long time, maybe not seen him for quite a few years now though, how long Dave ??
Both into the early 1980's music in a big way, just a few years ago then Suspect

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Dave Luxton

Dave Luxton

PostSubject: Hi   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:12 am

Yeah Jules and i go back a couple of decades...yeah this system looks a messy affair to be honest seems like a potential 18 hour downpour! Ummmm 45mm of rain? at a guess....if this system heads up the Bristol Channel, as it looks like doing...wot odds on the West Country seeing peek winds of...ummmmm 45mph tops? Only a view but i think the worst wind in the West Country might be late Monday night when we get into the tail of this system! Jules i got some very interesting video clips of thunderstorms in Halkidiki! Very loud and spectacular!!
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:13 am

Ah Ju told me you may join Dave!

Nice to see another weather enthusiast diving in! Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Dave Luxton

Dave Luxton

PostSubject: hi Wazza   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Im pure amateur to be honest, but it does interest me! Its like a never ending persuit of trying to understand why things happen! I like earthquakes and things like that....its just an interest! Also im never shy of shouting my opinions...whether right or wrong...but i also like to read other peoples views and learn from there as well....so i look forward so having some input here and also looking to learn a few things from you experienced guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!   Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love weather stats, and i get good gut feelings about Snow in the Winter!
Page 1 of 1