Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

So where are we at....?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

So where are we at....? Empty
PostSubject: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Just a quick message to apologise to everyone for not supporting the site of late.
I know that Wazza has put an awful lot if time and effort into this and he really needs ALL of us to support both him and the Forum to make it a success.
Im as guilty as anyone as i was totally behind the idea to set this all up with Wazza all those months ago and during the last month or so i have just left it all to others.

So trying to look forward in a positive frame of mind here now. I will be sending an e-mail to our local Newspaper in a few mins giving details of the Forum which will hopefully be published. I will also request that it is forwarded to the County Newspaper as well and from that i would like to think that we will see some increased interest/members.

We all know that in the main we are all ineterested in T/Storms and Severe Weather and as such its been a very poor year for most, i have seen nothing all summer, the SW has been awful for storms end of. But it is a Weather Forum and not just for storms so if its out there its fair game for a few pics or detail. And of course there is always something of note going on somewhere in the world.

So not in anyway trying to preach here, im the one thats been away of late but maybe from here things reach the next level.
Thanks for the support so far, its been a tough one to get going and from Wazzas point of view a tough one to keep going as well .

Right off to do the piece for the paper now, i will obviolsy link anything that does get published, fingers crossed.....

Julian.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

PostSubject: Re: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:41 am

The piece for the paper does sound very interesting, hope they reply to that one!

No need for guilty feelings, after all we have all had our downers over the forum, but the only way it will work is to keep it ticking over.

Who knows, one day we could be the UK's number 1 forum! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Joanna762

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:10 am

As I was telling Wazza the other day, people tend to be doing things more in summer but now that autumn is here, we tend to be indoors a lot more and have time to keep up-to-date more on the forums. And a couple of us have had job changes etc to keep us other wise occupied! Normal service will be resumed I'm sure!!!

Good idea on the newspaper Ups! And we'll keep reminding people on FB too perhaps!

Perhaps we haven't been lucky with the thunderstorms this year but I dare say there will be a few storms during autumn and winter and we'll get some really nice cloud pics and heavy waves videos etc. etc...! cheers
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:21 am

Heres what i sent.....

Afternoon Barry, something that may be worth a piece in the Paper, well i hope so !
I had sent an e-mail a few months ago but didnt hear anything back so maybe it didnt get to you, so resending deatils now.

Myself and a good friend from Milton Keynes, Wayne Brunton have set up a new Weather Forum, http://www.metweatheruk.com/portal.htm.
It has been running since April this year and so far we have been ticking over with minimal membership numbers and are certainly looking to increase both our numbers and detail offered.
There are numerous areas open for discussion covering Weather Topics from all over the world along with our own UK weather of course.
We also have many links to informative sites, latest forecasts, severe weather updates and even Live Storm Chasing from the USA via Livestreams when its Tornado Season over there.
There is also an Educational area where most questions can be answered by ourselves or failing that our resident expert Mike O'Neill, Storm Chaser from Darwin. And of course plenty of pictures and videos as well.

The Forum is certainly not set up for experts alone, hey im not one yet and nor is Wayne ( doubt we will be either !) so for anyone that has any interest in the Weather in general or would maybe like to understand the weather a bit better then we do cover most things on what is a laid back friendly place to meet, discuss and share everything weather.

Hoping that maybe a piece could be done if you felt there would be enough interest, after all we do like to gossip about the weather dont we.
If you require any more detail then please ask, i do also have a really nice Forum Header graphic that Wayne designed himself if that was required.

Many thanks for taking time to read this,

Best regards,

Julian Harcombe and Wayne Brunton.
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

PostSubject: Re: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:27 am

And Jo, true words from you as well.
For most of us if the suns out we are out.
Wont be doing much beach with the kids from now im sure.
Personally ive had a job change as well, well i have no job, and whys that scratch
Oh yes my choice im a house hubby now...phew.

Winter will bring those rough seas and maybe some snow as well.
So i know i wll be down the coast getting soaked taking pics and vid of the action. I will also do my best to not kill my vid-cam with seawater as i did at Dawlish.

So yes plenty of weather to look forward to, i guess we all get obsessed with T/Storms, what a waste that has been.
Waterproofs ready, batteries charged im off to the coast...wont be long affraid
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:48 am

Well, that message to the paper should surely get them interested in doing something. Nicely put!! Who could resist that! Ever thought about being a freelance writer?

Hope the house husband bit works out well for you...perhaps it will give you a little more time too for this and perhaps writing about the weather or studying the weather or even your own qualification in weather (trying to think of things they might want in Darwin!) I'm following things a bit more now....my attention got a bit diverted when hubby got made redundant in June! Mind you, it meant that some urgent DIY actually got done in the weeks he was off work and now he has a new job thankfully so things settling down again! Also summer always means that we have people over to stay so not enough time to do this....mind you, nothing much to report on anyway was there! Wink

So, we look forward to the pics and videos ... perhaps we'll get a couple of hurricane leftovers!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So where are we at....?   So where are we at....? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So where are we at....?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Miscellaneous :: The Lounge-
Jump to: