Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inLatest Topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Weatherevents.net
Netweather.tv
Netweather.tv - Weather forecasts, news and information for the UK
UKASF
UKASF
Met Office Weather
Stormscapes Darwin
SSD
StormScape Photography
SSP
Statistics
We have 46 registered users
The newest registered user is bernerockivf

Our users have posted a total of 1624 messages in 192 subjects

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September

Go down 
+2
Joanna762
Wazza
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

Hi-Five : 4

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September Empty
PostSubject: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 am

Well not a lot happened last week so lets have a look at this week!

Beginning of the week will see warmer temperatures, around the 20C mark for the south whilst the north will be a couple of degrees cooler. Towards the end of the week we will see cooler temps push in with more unsettled weather around with the chance of rain.

Really not much point in going into detail as it's just your run of the mill weather at the moment. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.metweatheruk.net
Joanna762

Hi-Five : 0

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:58 am

I've just checked out our local weather forecast for the week.....bit cloudy tomorrow, sunny for a couple of days, with temps not too bad at around 20 to 22....but wait a minute, what's this for Thursday???? YES.....24 degrees and possible thunder!!! So far this year we have had nothing but a few claps of thunder along the coast of France but could this be something more localized? I will keep you posted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 am

Wow 24C and thunder????

Deffo keep us posted there. I'll see if I can get a graphic up in the morning. Sounds interesting. I did hear of a front pushing up so maybe something along that? I'll peek in the morning! Smile
Back to top Go down
jp
jp

Hi-Five : 1

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

All i can say about this weather is that it's good for the cod fishing. that is all!! lol!

Hang on tho, almost forgot about this. we had a wee pop-up cell develop to my E last thursday which started putting out CG's as it tracked S. Me, the wife and megs jumped in the car at 7.30pm (bearing in mind megan had school the next day!) and gave chase but when we got to our target it had beggered off! Mad
I got some photos as the cell developed but did'nt capture any lightning. there on FB and i'll see if i can post the blighters here.

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2089725&id=1282774974&l=17efcce2ab
Back to top Go down
pulse1
pulse1

Hi-Five : 2

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:57 am

I've lots to catch up on people..so forgive me if I'm abit behind the times...okay so what's the prog for anything stormy? Put up those graphics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.http://StormscapesDarwin.com
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:40 am

In all honesty we will be real lucky if we get anything stormy now, the season is pretty much done now. Looking forward to Winter storms to move in now, these can be from any time now really. Had one day around 3 weeks ago where we had a beautiful sunny summers morning followed by an Autumnal storm in the evening with winds gusting at around 60mph in some areas! Shocked

I just tried to get some graphics up for Thursday but the charts aren't showing up on their site for some reason. So far, it's showing slow moving showers for Thursday so maybe a potent one or two mixed in.

This year has been worse than last year for storms mate. We didn't have one storm that was big enough to call a proper "thunderstorm". Just real weak stuff.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:20 pm

And in saying that comment above, tomorrow is looking ok...

A rain band is going to push slowly SE during the night, NetWeather are saying this is thundery rain so one to keep an eye on - probably get a flash or two out of it, if not then some heavy bursts of rain in there. It's the showers following in behind that could be quite potent. Temps cooling ok between surface and 850's. 50% chance of thundery showers according to NetWeather. I'm rekoning heavy showers with the odd rumble coming from this direction. Justmy input! What a Face

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September Ukprec

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September Ukstormrisk

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September Ukcapeli

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September Ukmaxtemp

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September H850t850eu
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 am

Well, we've had a really warm day again today! Very Happy Temps around 24 - can't be bad! This evening is very calm and pleasant too - had literally a few spots of rain as we watched a weather front move up towards the UK mainland - looks as though the south west will get most of it I think - look out Julian!
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:31 am

I had a little thunder and lightning!

And a LOT of rain.

We've got roads closed, burst rivers, shops and houses flooded. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Marianne

Marianne

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 am

Eep! Made the news.

A number of towns in north Ayrshire have been hit by flooding following torrential rain in the area.

Fire fighters and police officers were called to Kilbirnie, Glengarnock, Fairlie and Largs on Wednesday evening.

Mark Asbury, who lives in a flat on Main Road in Glengarnock, said it was the worst case of flooding he had seen.

The area is susceptible to floods and in 2008 a major clean-up operation took place in Kilbirnie when the River Garnock burst its banks.

The river runs for more than 20 miles from its source in Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park to its confluence with the River Irvine at Irvine Harbour.

Along the way it passes through the towns of Kilbirnie, Glengarnock, Dalry and Kilwinning to its confluence with the River Irvine at Irvine Harbour.

Mr Asbury said: "It is flooded to the front of my house - it is unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it."

North Ayrshire Council was put on standby and Strathclyde Fire and Rescue, along with Strathclyde Police, have been helping local residents.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 am

Just had a peek at the radar, you did have a heavy burst earlier eh! Deep reds showing up here.

Kinda makes me wonder how heavy these showers are going to get tomorrow down our way.
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Weather warnings issued for pretty much the whole of the country. Could have a heavy shower almost anywhere today.
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 am

Not even a rumble for us! Started off quite nicely, nice sunrise then overcast later this morning with some drizzle, cleared this afternoon and still dry! A bit cooler than the last few days but not too bad generally! Missed us again! However the wind is picking up this evening so perhaps something will blow our way....probably just more rain!
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:33 am

Im hoping this link works, shows yesterdays lightning activity.
Just look what happens along/off the East coast overnight !!!!!!

You need to move the mouse over the UK and click when the box appears, then click the small " loop " box on the control planel.

Im sure this actual data is time sensitive so the data/graphic will change and this incredible info will be gone !
I bet Mark was asleep, oh dear !

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/strikestar_lightning_tracker.htm
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:29 am

Wow! Didn't know you could do that on that site! Just look at that activity by Mark's way right enough!!

You'll notice there was nothing by us!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 am

OH MY GOD!!!

I firstly didnt know you could do that, and secondly, where did that lot come from???? Early hours of the morning went Bonkers!!!

I know for a fact now that some of these returns may be false as we have discussed before because quite a few during the evening are showing right near me. But, I was out and about at work and deffo didnt have anything over MK way.

But still....

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September Untitled-1
Back to top Go down
Joanna762

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 am

I wonder if it picks up the high level lightning which you don't always see on the ground? Quite an evening it seemed!
Back to top Go down
Updraft
Admin
Updraft

Hi-Five : 6

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:17 am

Cool eh Shocked

When i looked at the normal rainfall radars at silly oclock this morning it looked very impressive. I added the normal Lightning overlay and nearly fell off my chair, it was just solid red along that region.
Had very light winds there initially with the cooler air from the N pushing down against what was much milder air. So yes the old adage of cold air meets warm air was true. Slowly the colder won out and pushed the storms southwards along coastal regions.
That tracker showed over 2000 activities, as ever not totally sure just how exact that figure is but agreed it looks very impressive.

Some of that appears close to Mark as well, if not at St Neots a shortish trip away and where was he..... yep..... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:07 am

Barmy that lot for sure!

As you say, not a lot of movement there with light winds, and that convergence zone was right in that area. That is 3 hrs drive from me to that coastline. JP further north than that I think.

I wish it was around 100 miles further south, would have sorted me out a treat that. Mind you, not sure I'd have been willing to run outside in my pants with camera in hand... policemen may come!
Back to top Go down
Wazza
Admin
Wazza

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:51 am

Woooo!

That cold has really set in now with that northerly airflow. You can feel the cold icy air now, just walked back from a mates house and bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Bet Mike is lovely and "tacky" though down under! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September   UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Weather Forecasts, Reports and Discussion, WC 19th September
Page 1 of 1